- Since October 2017: CryptoCurrency Certification Consortium Certified Bitcoin Professional
- Since October 2013: ACA Certified Level 3 Whitewater SUP Instructor.
- Since February 2013: Publisher of SUPzero, The Global SUP Community.
- Since April 2003: Publisher of Playak, The Global Paddling Community.
- Since April 2003: Owner of NetPresent.net.
- 2000-2002: Product Group Manager, Bluewin Business Services at Swisscom, Zurich, CH
- 1998-2000: Manager, HostCenter at Swisscom Electronic Commerce Solutions, Zurich, CH
- 1997-1998: Security & Business Development Manager, Swisscom Data & Multimedia, Ittigen CH
- 1996: Started Playak as a hobby project. The site soon became the world’s largest information portal and community for whitewater sports.
- 1995-1997: 60% Product Manager at AT&T Unisource Communication Services, in Hoofddorp, NL, in the area Directory Services.
- 1995-1997: 40% Product Manager at Unisource Business Networks (a joint venture between Swisscom, KPN, Telia and Telefonica), in Ittigen, CH, in the areas Messaging, Directory Services and Security.
- Project Development Officer, TERENA, Amsterdam, NL. Responsible for European working groups on Messaging, Security, Directories, Network Quality and Network Applications.
- Secretary to the TERENA Technical Committee.
- Board of Directors, EEMA (European Electronic Messaging Association).
- Founder and chairman of the Internet Committee in EEMA.
- 1991-1992: 60% Service coordinator COSINE-MHS (Cooperation for OSI networking in Europe), the global R&D X.400 e-mail network.
- 1991-1992: 40% SWITCHmail team-member, Zurich, CH.
- 1988-1990: E-mail manager Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETHZ) in Zurich.
- 1987: Telematics master thesis (MacEAN: an X.400 user agent for the Macintosh) carried out at ETHZ in Zurich, CH, for Twente University, Enschede, NL.
- 1986: Trainee thesis (Document Storage and Retrieval with SQL Databases) at FOKUS (Fraunhofer Institute for Open Communication Systems) in West-Berlin, D.